torsdag 8 mars 2012

Tutorial: Popping blue eyes!

Hello everybody!

Now I'm back after being floored all week by an annoying flu. Gaahh! But I'm starting to feel better now so I'm going to post a tutorial that I photographed before I got sick.

I'm starting a new tutorial series that I have been planning for quite a while now. The most common question I get asked when it comes to makeup is: "What color of eyeshadow should I use to bring out my eyecolor?"

Therefore, I thought I'd do a series of tutorials for makeup that will make different eye colors "pop".



We're starting with blue eyes! :)

Colors that make blue eyes pop: gold, bronze, orange, warm browns

For this tutorial, almost all the eyeshadows I have used are by Makeup Geek. For a review and swatches of these eyeshadows check out this blogpost:

http://madamnoire.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-makeup-geek-eyeshadows.html






Step 1
Start by applying your base and priming your eyes. Then put some of NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk over your lid and right beneath your eyebrow.

Fill in your brows with Latte by Makeup Geek.

Step 2
Apply a soft wash of the burnt orange color Chickadee by Makeup Geek over your lid. Blend it out into and above your crease.


Step 3
As a kind of pre-darkening of the crease, apply Latte by Makeup Geek. Blend it out so that it creates a soft shadow rather than the addition of color.

Step 4
With a blending brush apply Cocoa bear by Makeup Geek in the outer corner and blend it out into the crease.

Step 5
In the middle of the lid pack on some of Glamorous by Makeup Geek. Pick up some more Cocoa bear if needed and blend it out into the crease.

Step 6
To add a little more depth apply a matte black eyeshadow in the outer corner, blending it in to the other colors.

Step 7
Apply Cocoa bear and the matte black (only in the outer corner) to your lower lid. I've blended it out with the same brush that I used to apply Glamorous with, hence getting a bit shimmer and "light" under the eye as well.

Apply a black gel eyeliner to your upper lash line. Smudge it out for a softer result. Also apply it to you upper waterline.

To your lower waterline apply a dark brown eyeliner pencil.

Step 8
Pop on a white shimmery eyeshadow in the inner corner and a matte one under your brow. I have used Gesso by M.A.C. under the brow and a shimmery white from one of the Isadora palettes in the inner corner.

Black mascara and false eyelashes! I used #747S by Red Cherry.

Step 9
For the lips you could go for something nude and this look will be perfectly wearable. :) I will however do a dark, burgundy lip. The lipstick I've used is Black orchid by MakeUpStore combined with the lipliner Jazz (also MakeUpStore).


As you can see these colors really make my blue eyes pop! I like this makeup, it reminds me of fall, which is my favorite season. :) But if you exchange the lip for a soft pink one you can use it as a spring makeup as well! :D


I hope that this tutorial has been helpful for all of you with blue eyes out there! It's definitely wearable to most people! :)

Have a nice day!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar