måndag 14 maj 2012

Prom makeup to complement your dress Part 2

Hello everybody! :)

I hope you've all had a good weekend!

As you might have guessed from the title of this post, this is the second makeup look that can be used to match your prom dress. If you have a green dress you can just use this particular look but this look works for whatever dress you have, all you need to do is to switch the eyeshadows I've used for two (one lighter and one darker) in the same color as your dress.

Here's the look we are doing today:



I was going to do a third makeup tutorial on how to complement your dress, but when I thought about it I realized I've already done a similar one! The third, and probably most original way, to complement your dress by choosing makeup in a similar color is this one:

Complement your dress Part 3

I've used a blue eyeliner pencil in that particular tutorial but you can use whatever color you want. :)

Now, let's move on to this tutorial:



Step 1. As always, prime your eyes! :)


Step 2. Line your upper and lower waterline with a black eyeliner pencil, but don't go all the way in to the inner corner. I like to do this step first, although people usually do it after they've already done their eyeshadow. 


Step 3. Apply your lighter shade, I've used Poison ivy by Makeup Geek, in the outer part of your eye and blend it softly. 


Step 4. On the lid, on the outer part of your eye (does that make sense?) apply your darker shade, which for me is Dirty martini, also by Makeup Geek. Blend it into the lighter green. 


Step 5. Create a cat-eye, using a matte black eyeshadow (I've used Corrupt) by Makeup Geek, and an angled brush such as the M.A.C. #266. 


Step 6. Apply mascara and if you wish, false eyelashes. For this look corner lashes, such as the Ardell #305's  would be great! I didn't apply any falsies today though, just to see the shock on your faces. ;) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmpf! That tutorial didn't turn out the way I hoped. Better luck next time, I guess...

Have a nice day everyone! :)




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar