torsdag 19 juli 2012

Famous

Hello makeup-lovers and fellow spooks! 


Now, as I promised, I will do a tutorial on an eye makeup look to match one of the Makeup Geek lipsticks that I reviewed some days back. This look will be a regular, everyday look and as I know not all people like to wear heavy, gothic makeup this is more of a light look, that could suit everybody.

Purple is a color that looks good combined with most eye colors and the purples I'm using for this look are pretty muted so that they will give room for the bright, magenta lipstick, Famous, to shine in all its glory.

Here's the look we will create:


Personally I find these kinds of looks pretty boring to photograph because they are so simple, but they are extremely elegant and beautiful in real life!



Step 1. Apply your regular foundation routine and a primer to your eyelids (and eyebrows if you don't have eyebrows on your own.


Step 2. Apply Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk in a thin layer all over your lid. This white base will help the color of the eyeshadow pop. If you want a more transparent result, then you could skip this step altogether.


Step 3. Apply a muted, dark purple to the outer part of your eyelids and blend it out. Be careful not to take it too far down when applying the eyeshadow to your lower lid, since it will make you look tired. The shadow I've used is Purple rain by Makeup Geek.


Step 4. On the center part of the lid, place a soft lilac eyeshadow and blend it into the darker one. I've used Wisteria by Makeup Geek. Also apply it in the center of your lower lid.


Step 5. Now, line your upper and lower waterline with a black eyeliner pencil. I've used the eye kohl Smolder by M.A.C. since it's soft and easy to work with. Take a sharp, angled brush and pick up some of the kohl liner on it. Press the liner into the upper and lower lash lines, making sure there are no gaps showing through between the eyelashes.
In this step I've also added a matte white eyeshadow as a highlight to the inner corner and on my browbone.


Step 6. Curl your lashes and apply your favorite black mascara. Then, I've filled in my eyebrows using Purple rain (Makeup Geek) again. I know some of you might think this is a too dark or too purple color for you so feel free to use whatever color matches your own brow color. :)


Step 7. Now, apply a bright magenta color on your lips to finish the look. As I already mentioned in the introduction to this post I've used Famous by Makeup Geek.
This eyemakeup will also look great with black lips, that by now has started to become my signature look.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that was the tutorial of today! :) We'll see what I'll cook up for the other two lipsticks, but I think I have some ideas at least. It will be fun! :D

I hope you all are having a great summer and that you will stop by here again soon.

2 kommentarer: