måndag 23 juli 2012

Fearless

Hello makeup-lovers and fellow spooks! 

So here's the eyemakeup look I did to combine the Makeup Geek lipstick in the color Fearless. Honestly, I intended this to be an everyday look, that would suit most people but somewhere in my makeup madness that intention got lost. Instead, you get a dramatic, gray smokey eye that most people probably wouldn't even wear as party makeup. If you're the kind of person who likes lighter makeup, don't worry! This look is very easy to tone down only using smaller shapes and a little less of the eyeshadow. :)

As for Fearless it is very pretty on its own, but it is - in my gothic opinion, at least - even prettier combined with a black lipliner. Therefore I will provide you both looks on the lips. :)

So here's the finished look! Hope you'll enjoy it! 


The look with only Makeup Geek Fearless on the lips. It's such a pretty color!


And here, the look where I first lined the lips with a black eyeliner pencil and then filled them in with Fearless.


Closeup on the eyemakeup. On the waterline I added NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk and then a silver eyeshadow. If you have a silver eyeliner that would probably work better.




Step 1. As always, prime your eyes with your favorite eyelid primer. 


Step 2. Apply a soft layer of silver on the lid. I've used Mercury by Makeup Geek. 


Step 3. In the outer corner, apply a darker gray, like Galaxy by Makeup Geek or Knight divine by M.A.C. If you want a more toned down look, just apply it in the outer corner and blend it slightly into the crease. I wanted this look to be a little more dramatic so I took it a bit further in towards my nose. 


Step 4. Line your upper waterline with waterproof, black gel liner (or eyeliner pencil...). Make sure to smudge it in between your lashes as well; we don't want any skin to show through! :)


Step 5. Go around your eyelashes (both top and bottom) with a black eyeshadow. Blend it out a bit using more of the dark gray you used in Step 3. Draw in your eyebrows but leave a gap at the outer end. 


Step 6. Pick out your NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk and put some on your waterline, underneath your brow and in the inner corner of your eyes. Blend out. On the waterline, set the pencil with Mercury (the silver eyeshadow). On the browbone I set it with a matte white, White lies by Makeup Geek, and in the inner corner of the eye I applied a shimmery white, Ice Queen (also by Makeup Geek). 


Step 7. Put on mascara and false lashes (if you want to...). In the gap you made in your brow, attach a silver rhinestone using eyelash glue. Paint two dots, using liquid eyeliner, one above and one below the rhinestone. 

Step 8. Now it's time to put on the lipstick. I think the second lip-look needs more explanation than the first. Line your lips with a black eyeliner pencil. If you have larger lips you can make a thicker line, but if your lips are thin you should probably stick to a thinner one. Using your a lipbrush, your finger or even a Q-tip, you shall now blend the liner towards the center of the lips, but make sure to leave the center bare. On the center of the lip, apply your lipstick of choice, in this case Fearless, and blend it into the black liner to make sure there are no harsh edges. Done! :D 

-----------------------------------------------------

That's all for this time! I hope you had fun reading this post cause I sure had fun writing it. :D

Have a nice day!


7 kommentarer:

  1. Please make some tutorials about painting in eyebrows. I'm considering shaving mine...

    I'll be much obliged.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I think this is an awesome everyday goth look, actually. Maybe not for the office, but every other day at least. ;) I truly love the eyebrow treatment!! And I agree, the lip look benefits greatly from a but of black liner.

    I'm looking forward to getting caught up on your posts!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks, I think so too. :) It's fun to play with the eyebrows; they can really change the whole look.

      It's so nice hearing from you again! :D

      Radera
  3. New follower here! =)

    Love love love the honey mustard color eyes! Eeek!
    With the black lined lips it's just so very seductive

    SvaraRadera