söndag 19 augusti 2012

Midnight Sparkles

Hello makeup-lovers and fellow spooks! :)

This will be a post that is quite picture deprived. The reason for this is because my camera decided to commit suicide during my photo-session, before I had taken the full face pictures.

I recently found a wonderfully pretty glitter liner from the drugstore brand Viva la Diva that I immediately fell in love with. It's called Disco and is white with a thousand multicolored sparkles in it. So, so pretty!



I find it extremely hard to photograph glitter! (Tips anyone?). From this angle you can see how sparkly the Disco glitter really are, but the pictures don't make it justice! Honestly, if I ever get my thumb out of my ass and start recording video tutorials (as I have planned for over a year now -___-) I will have to do this look just to show you how beautiful this glitter is.


On the lid I've applied a purple glitter instead of a blue one, since I wanted the blue to appear even more dark and midnightish. :)


-------------------------------------------------------

Face
*Ultra fluid foundation Alabaster (Kryolan)
*Studio Finish Concealer (M.A.C.)
*White pressed powder (Stargazer)

Eyebrows
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek)

Eyes
*Neptune (Makeup Geek)  
*Poison plum (Sugarpill) 
*White lies (Makeup Geek) 
*Pink from the 88-palette (you can preferably use Dollipop by Sugarpill)
*Arabian Twinkle eyeshadow (Make Up Store) 
*Disco glitterliner (Viva la Diva) 
*Eye kohl Smolder (M.A.C.)
*Fluidline Blacktrack (M.A.C.)

Lips
*Russian red (M.A.C.)
*Luscious liquid lipstick Cherry tart (e.l.f.) 

-------------------------------------------------------

So are you as crazy about glitter as I am? :)

Thank you so, so much for reading! It's so incredible to see that there are so many people interested in my makeup-work. :D Again; I can't thank you enough!


14 kommentarer:

  1. You always come up with something new! This post was really needed. I stumbled upon cheap glitter liners at the supermarket. Back home I was thinking of how to use it without looking like a drag. Now I know, thanks!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Well, I'm trying hard to do so at least. ;) I'm glad to have inspired you! :D

      Radera
  2. This is stunning! Beautiful cut crease look <3
    x
    -Imani Love

    SvaraRadera
  3. ok...my photographer says: glitter will never look as good in a photo as it looks in real life. Imagine you're photographing little pieces of mirror. Some reflect light from an angle, others from another. While your eye can see that because they're moving, the camera captures a still which is why it looks dull. His suggestion: move the light source around (or move yourself around the light) and make test photos until it comes out right or almost right...Kisses.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Unfortunately. :/ But on most of my pictures it doesn't show up at all. Thank you for the tips, dear! :)

      Radera
  4. There's an award for you in my blog! :)

    SvaraRadera
  5. I LOVE your work! You are inspiring!!! I've been loving all your looks in the Idea Gallery! New Follower! Hope you can check my blog out and let me know what you think about my looks! It would mean so much!!! XOXO

    SvaraRadera
  6. Oh, this one is gorgeous! So pretty, great you found me, so I could find you :D
    We have the same blog design by the way ;)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much! :D
      Yeah, I noticed that too. It's an awesome design. Very gothic. :)

      Radera
  7. This is gorgeous! You can try to turn the focus down on your camera to make the picture fuzzy and blurry Doing that tends to bring out more of the reflections in the glitter. I learned that from the girls over at the eyegraffiti blog.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! :) And thanks a lot for the tip! :)

      Radera