onsdag 1 augusti 2012

Monthly theme: Bows

Hello makeup-lover's and fellow spooks! :)




This month's theme at http://www.sophistiquenoir.com is Bows which immediately made me come up with several ideas. I decided not to include the bow in the makeup look, though, and took this opportunity to show you all one of the necklaces I have made. I'm currently very into making my own gothic jewelry and I have plans on starting to sell them too. :)

But of course, since this is a makeup blog, there will be a makeup look included. ;) Since this is a very girly theme I decided to go all the way with a pink makeup look matching the jewelry.

So here's the look:


I must say that I love these false eyelashes! They are the #105 by Ardell, and they are just the perfect length and volume for most looks. :)


The necklace is very Lolita inspired with a bow and lace. I'm not very much into the Lolita-culture but I think accessories associated with it can be very cute. :)


Pink is a very underestimated color! Combined with black pink is absolutely awesome. But I guess most colors are... ;) 


And here's the closeup on the eye makeup. It's nothing too complicated, just a regular cat eye shape using a hot pink eyeshadow from the Coastal Scents 88-palette and Love+ by Sugarpill in the crease to create some depth.

 ------------------------------------------------

Face
*Ultra fluid foundation Alabaster (Kryolan)
*Studio finish concealer (M.A.C.)
*White pressed powder (Stargazer)

Eyebrows
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek)

Eyes
*Eye kohl Smolder (M.A.C.)
*Jumbo pencil Milk (NYX)
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek)
*Hot pink from the Costal Scents 88-palette, I would have preferred to use Dollipop by Sugarpill! 
*Love+ (Sugarpill)
*White lies (Makeup Geek)
*False eyelashes #105 (Ardell)

Lips
*Black eyeliner
*Fearless (Makeup Geek)

 ------------------------------------------------


This is all for this post! :) I hope you'll all have a lovely day! 





11 kommentarer:

  1. Lovely look, the choker is fabulous and I wish I could do such pretty make - ups! ^^

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you Lynoire! ^_^ The makeup look is very easy actually. Just some pink/red eyeshadow and black liner.

      Radera
  2. What a lovely choker! It is very cute indeed. That shade of pink is awesome and the lace detail does the rest :) I really like the matching make up, too.

    SvaraRadera
  3. That hat is PURE WIN. And the choker. Black and pink is one of my absolute favorite combinations. You've totally rocked the bow theme!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, dear! ^_^ Haha, I really like my hat too. I actually added the pink feathers to match the choker. I added a pink bow too, but it looked kind of strange so I took it away again.

      Radera
  4. I thought palettes were bad. Does Coastal Scents not test on animals? Also, is it high quality? Thanks

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yeah, they can be bad because they are usually not tested at all and therefore can contain substances that can cause allergic reactions and even heavy metals and quicksilver. I would not recommend buying any of the palettes, but since I bought them before I knew they are "bad" I still use them occasionally, when I don't have a specific color. :)

      Radera
  5. Ooo I really like the pink!

    SvaraRadera
  6. So lovely! I don't know if you have before, but I would really like to see how you take your makeup closeup photographs, your tricks and how much editing you do with them. I hate doing closeups of my makeup because they always turn out terrible for me! You can always see the worst part of my lashline, and it is never pretty.
    But yours, ah, they're just perfection.

    SvaraRadera